Sertraline and Stomach problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello me again. Another anxiety i have about sertraline is that it can (or does) increase somach acid and can cause stomach problems/bleed/pain/nausea etc. What are people's experiences about these things?

For info I had haemorragic gastritis and have to take a low dose PPI - lanzoprazole - i would love to come off as it think it is making me feel tired and dizzy and increasing my anxiety and depression but with my history of stomach issues if i take an ssri i would probably have to say on it which I would hate.

I feel so stuck with fear about meds..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello again Caroline. I have noticed a slight increase in nausea feelings and belching. Not terrible but I know it's there.
  • Posted

Caroline,

I am about ready to changem meds.  Since I started the Zoloft I  have had constant stomach ache and diarrhea.  Can't stand much more.  Also nausea.  I think it is because I have IBS and the zoloft as made it worse.  Sue

• Posted

She is transitioning me off the zolot onto lexapro.  I am praying for success as this has been a long and trying road.  Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.