Sertraline and zero sleep - please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, 1 week into Sertraline 50mg and I simply can't sleep!  My teeth are chattering and I have this fuzzy feeling in my eyes and front of my brain that keeps me too alert to sleep.  I know it is early days, but have others experienced this and had success later on?  It is such a strong sensation that I fear something is wrong.  I am not due to see a doctor for another 10 days.  Please help!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Matt

You sound like you are suffering from Anxiety, sometimes in early days you may have some side effects, in this case I would say give the medication time to work upwards of five weeks.

Stop worrying

BOB

• Posted

Thanks for that.  You are right of course, but it seems like a lifetime away.  I am shattered, but my head is totally wired and awake - I have barely slept in a week!
  • Posted

Hi Mat,

mindfulness will help, but being unable to sleep is also listed as a side effect of Sertraline.

Yru to get in to see your doctor earlier, if you possibly can.

Regards,

Bruce

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.