Sertraline Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have started Sertraline about 18 days ago, 4 days on 25 m and the rest on 50 mg.  I have developed more anxiety, fast heart rate, especially in the a.m.  I have had to use Ativan or Clonazapam.

I understand it is common to get anxiety on startup but does anyone have any idea when it will stop?  They want me to increase, but I am not going to until these side effects stop.  I really want to stick with the medication because I have tried a few others and I dont' think I can go through it again and again.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Suzie

It takes about 4 weeks but depends on the individual. you say they want to increase but you dont want too.  If you increased you would still have the same anxiety whether on the current dose or higher.  I could not take it and changed to something different.  You will be ok xx

• Posted

I had some awful panic attacks on start up and felt like I was loosing the plot BUT I also saw some good which is key to good out for. Your very early days but u should see some improvements. My first was my head been clearer (I couldn't even watch TV before) I was stuck in my own mind total black fog of postnatal depression. I'm now on 100mg and its still up and down but the downs arnts as bad as they were xxx
    • Posted

Ps. Iv been on sert since early march (100 for 5weeks)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.