Sertraline anxiety/OCD and love

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey mate thank you so much for sharing your experience on this anxiety roller coaster I'm in the same vote as you with intrusive thoughts and terrible feelings. My story starts when I first started dating my girlfriend last year in September I have always been an anxious person and never really had a prober relationship with anyone or atleast never felt this way about someone, I fell in love and always had terrible thoughts such as "what if she cheats on me" but I was able to laugh it off, 6 months in I looked at her and had this awful gut feeling which I have had before and that's what's always made me leave the girl I was with, I didn't want to break up with her so I went to the doctors and got put on fluoxetine which was the worst 2 weeks ever. I'm now on sertraline since April and have my up and downs but I've now worked my way up to 200mg and am feeling s**t house I've only been on 200 for 5 days. I just keep questioning my relationship and can't stop thinking that I should just break up and everything will be better again, it scares me so much because I love this girl I know I do but I feel like I've lost all my feelings and just feel so lost. Can anyone relate to me or have answers. I see a physiologist on Monday so I'm praying that'll help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Corey

Do you have any evidence that these thoughts are warranted ?

We generally get a gut feeling with these things if you have evidence to substantiate these thoughts then you must confront your girlfriend with them.

If indeed this is part of your anxiety then your girlfriend will support and work through these problems with you, if she can't do that then 1 you may have good reason to feel insecure, 2 she is not the right person for you and you would probably benefit from time away from the relationship.

I had similar thoughts when I was really ill and I spoke to my husband so he could understand how I was feeling and interpreting his actions, he listened and worked with me to get back into a good place and made me realise that these were thoughts brought on by my illness. You can only be honest in these situations in order to sort things out and get back to a good place

Good luck and let me know how you get on xxxxxx

• Posted

Thank you for your response Kerry smile

I have shared my anxiety with my gf she says that she's here for me and always will be but she has told me she doesn't understand it, which is acceptable unless you go through it yourself you never really understand it fully. I spend a lot of time thinking about my feelings and questioning everything and it is so annoying specially when everyone around me is having a good time and I just can't bring myself to enjoy my time. It makes me want to cry most days. I have had the spewing, the night sweats, shaking, upset stomach, dizzy all the fun things haha. I just hate that it has to be so hard

• Posted

Hi Corey I get this to but it only come when I'm in a rut with anxiety depression, if you let the OCD win and leave your gf the OCD will just move on to something else in the future is what my counsellor said , weather it is family or if it's your next gf , I know it's hard but you gotta do your best to ride this horrible wave and just remember it is only thoughts

• Posted

Thank you Donmate it's just nice to hear all this from someone who is going through the same stuff or has been through it. I appreciate the advice

• Posted

How long you been on sertraline ? I'm like day 38 or somthing but only on day 9 of 100mg , my kind was going crazy first it was relationship OCD telling me it's not right and I musta not love her etc .. then it was I'm gonna not be attracted to girls anymore and be a weirdo or a loner then it was I'm gonna harm my loved ones and turn into a maniac , then I think sertraline is just starting to help abit , not gonna lie it's been hell for me but I'm starting to see light , don't give up and don't do nothing stupid mate , always here to talk man as I know I got so scared at times I didn't think I could cope no more and wanted to end myself but I know I got myself in a huge rut and it's all mind games man it's b******t !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.