Sertraline brand change

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello I have been on sertraline 50mg for GAD for 5 weeks and the first couple of weeks were rough as aspected. From week three I hadn't really noticed a great improvement on my mood but my anxiety had eased slightly so I was optimistic that I was heading in the right direction. I went to pick up my next 4 week perscription and it was a different brand, my first batch was medreich and the new batch is lupin. I have now taken 7 days of the lupin and I would say from day 2, I noticed my anxiety was getting worse again I was also having bad headaches. I have phoned my pharmacy and they have said they didn't have the medreich brand anymore and can't order them. I have read on previous forums that people have asked for the branded tablet lustral and they have been much better ? Can I ask has anyone in the UK requested Lustral recently and been successful ? Thanks for any advice

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, I've asked my GP for Lustral after my initial generic brand was changed. The pharmacy have to order Lustral each month because is the expensive brand and most of the pharmacies do not stock this.

I'm second box in, anxiety is still there but I'm hopping it would get better.

Lustral is by Pfizer and they produce this medicine continuous, the other brand I was taking, Milfarm stopped the production of sertraline generic for a while, I know this because I've contact them directly.

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.