Sertraline day 11 150mg no better diazepam also

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey all, still on the sert, bn given diazepam yesterday 2mg 3 times a day. Took one this morning, slept for an hour then back to anxiety hell. When will it end. How's everyone doing today?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

hi Dazfoxy

when did you start taking sert?

• Posted

21st Dec on 50mg then up to 100mg 3 weeks later, now 150mg been on 11 days. Seems they gonna take longer to work hence I got diazepam to help out. Are u on sert?

• Posted

Wow dazfox, that is some increase, from zero to 150 in 8 weeks?! No wonder you need diazepam. Did you feel any improvement on the lower doses but then I would not be surprised if you did not because you were not given enough time to find out. Hopefully in a week or 2 things should calm down but if they aren't I would go back and have a serious talk with who ever prescribed this plan for you. Just take it easy and try to remember its the meds trying to work and nothing is forever

• Posted

Thanks sue, well I was up to 150mg a few years back when had a bad patch so it seems the gp`s think I need the high dose this time. Its true I haven't had a chance to feel better, and have been really bad for the whole 8 weeks. Yes I'm hoping things will calm down soon.

• Posted

hi mate my anxiety still very strong... im back

at the gp on monday for a review... going to ask for some diazapam too see if it helps calm me down... palpatations are getting harder to deal with... its just never ending... the zopiclone help on a night time... hope your okay dude

• Posted

Struggling on mate, yes the zoplicone do help at night, there the only med I've found that actually stop my anxiety and I relax for a few hours. Not sure if can take zoplicone and diazepam at the same time though? I mean not literally at same time but diazepam in the day and a zop at night sort of. It's horrible this anxiety isn't it!!!

• Posted

yeah same here with the zop... i think by reading everyones thoughts etc.. that we upped out dose far to early... i wont be going above 100mg because i cant handle another 3-4 weeks like this... id take anything to take the edge off this nightmare... im not sure about diaz and zop together mate x

• Posted

Gp offered me to go up to 200mg the other day, I said no don't think I will at mo, I'm thinking I may even go down to 100mg but then would there be withdraw. Agree with u, can't stand many more weeks of this!

• Posted

i'm day 11 on 150 too and i feel same , i see psych and he told me it takes to 200 mg for aniexity to go .

• Posted

Only taken 100mg so far today and yesterday, I just feel that 150 maybe too much. Having said that, chest had been tight all afternoon so just don't know really, how are u you today?

• Posted

its has been 12 days now on 150 .

in general i feel calmer but not yet clear mind , anxiety and thoughts are still there in my mind but i control them , some moments through the day i feel scared and hopless am i ever gonna be back to my old enjoying self or im stuck .

• Posted

How's everyone been today?

• Posted

Hi dazfoxy I have had a good day today, how have you been? I cannot believe you were told 200 is the dose for anxiety! when will some of the medical profession learn that this kind of medication is not a one size fits all! there are so many factors to take into account, sorry mini rant there, I hope your day has not been too testing fir you?

• Posted

whoops just realised that was not you who got told that sorry

• Posted

Hey sue, no worries, I quite agree, everyone is very different. I'm not planning on going up any more for the foreseeable future. I only took 100mg today and felt slightly better. Thinking 150mg may just be too much for me at mo, have to speak doc again, trying to get an appointment is an uphill struggle here in UK at my practice anyhow. Are u in UK?

• Posted

yes I am in the uk, GP appointments can be difficult to get, do they not have a telephone triage system at your surgery? I think that is a wise decision with regards to your dose, let it settle and see how you go

• Posted

Yes they do the triage telephone system, I'll give em a bell tomoz. Thanks sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.