Sertraline day 18 advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All

looking for some reassurance if anyone has had a similar experience?

I was taking 20mg Citalopram for anxiety and agoraphobia, for around 10 years, and was increased to 40mg around 2 months ago and it really didn't agree with me, I was spaced out all of the time and just couldn't function.

The GP moved me onto Sertraline 50mg on 1st June and up to 100mg on 8th June.

Side effects were great and manageable until recently, the last few days I've felt completely detached from reality and depersonalisation is really bad at the moment, I feel as if I'm in a dream like state all day long along with tension headaches all day for 3 days now.

Has anyone experienced this and how long did it take to fizzle away?

Just hoping for someone who has experienced the same and its not a case of my tablets not agreeing with me again.

Thanks all!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi!

I would really recommand to talk about this with your prescriber, or at the very least with a pharmacist.

Sertraline has a lot of common side effects who only wears off after a few weeks, maybe after more than 4 or else.

huge anxiety is linked with depersonnalisation and Sertraline is know for increasing that same anxiety for the first 2 or 3 weeks after beginning the treatment or after increasing the dose.

But talk to a professional first, way safer than relying on the internet for such problems

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.