Sertraline day 19

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I am on 50mg for postnatal depression started seeing a bit of improvement like the old me was fighting to come through but today I feel emotionally numb and back at square one has anyone else felt like this is it a side effect will it go please help of give me something positive really needing it at the minute! Thanks 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi kmm

How long have you been on this medication. I am starting my 5th week. I am taking it for anxiety. I still have ups and downs. What I have learned that it takes awhile for it to stabilize in your body. If you are having a terrible time with it tell your doctor. He might be able to help you or give you something else. Be strong and hope you start feeling better.

• Posted

19 days no side effects only lasted 7 days am coping I was just having one of them days yesterday feel better today suppose it's just going to be an emtional rollercoaster for a while, thanks! 

• Posted

Hi didn't your doctor tell you it's common to feel worse before the drug gets fully into your system?  It can take around 6 weeks.  If the side effects are too much to bear then tell your doctor and s/he will change you to another med.  x

• Posted

Feeling better today think it was just one of them days going to be an emtional rollercoaster, thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.