Sertraline day 7 increased to 150mg chest tightness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey, I'm on increased dose 150mg now day 7, still getting chest tightness. It can go on for hours, pressure feeling in centre. The only time it subsides is when I'm distracted or when I take the zoplicone at night. Then all my anxiety physical symptoms dissapear. Wandering how long this sertraline is going to take to work? Started on 50mg 21st Dec, upped to 100mg 3 weeks later and now 150mg 7 days. Also still getting the spaced out feelings, but the chest tightness really takes its toll.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well when you start sertraline or increase dosage it takes anything up to about 12 weeks before it really starts working. Side effects should diminish about the 4 week mark but with you going from 50-100-150 in 7 weeks it may take about another month to see side effects dissapear.

Zopoclone is used mainly as a sleeping tablet so I would ask dr for a benzo such as diazepam for day time to take as and when. I have upped to 150mg today but also use diazepam as and when needed still. If anything I need zopoclone as I am not sleeping very well whatsoever and when I do sleep I sweat alot

• Posted

Thanks for replying, I've had no tight chest today, but tension headaches and feel like I could scream with anxiety tbh. Speaking to doc tomoz gonna ask for. Some benzos, can't go on feeling on the edge of panic all day every day.

• Posted

its my day 7 on 150 mg . i feel not easy and heart dropping kind of scared feeling this os the symptoms of anexity i have since the start but now i am less focused on it but its there all day too .

no motivation or happiness in things i do .

its my second time on sertraline , i used to be on 100 mg for 2 yrs and i stopped for 2 months and back on them now .

the first time it took 8 weeks on the upped dose to start feeling better .

• Posted

Day 9 sert 150mg for me, woke this morning chest tightness, 5am, went back to sleep 6.30am then up again 9. Had chest tightness all day, doesn't matter what I do, it continues. Driving me mad. No panicking or other symptoms really just stupid tight chest, like pressure as if I have a belt tied around. How's every one else today?

• Posted

Hey bud, I am on day 3 of the increase and felt a bit of nausea today but nothing to bad. I have being dr myself as I needed some more diazepam and also noticed I really am not sleeping very well currently.

I have being given a anti-histamine to take in thethe evenings as he didnt want me taking a sleeper with a benzo

I dont get chest tightness much But get like a knot feeling under my left chest area

• Posted

starting week 2 on 150 and i feel as if my aniexity

is like a calm volcano , i feel it and thinking about it all day and that brings the scared feeling .

any advice from people who went through the same and got better ? i need to be back to my old self .

• Posted

Went to doc today, been given diazepam 2mg to be taken up to three times daily. What they like? Do they work?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.