Sertraline - Day 8

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey all. I woke up this morning with the same anxiousness (overwhelming) and the usual closed throat feeling. Got into work and had the heavy chest feelings too, along with dizziness.... However, I am now into the 5th hour of my day and dare I say, I feel a bit (literally a bit) more positive. Not massively different, but I almost (again almost) feel slightly more in control of my thoughts.... Like 10 minutes out of an hour I am not worrying about terminal illness.... Does this make sense?

Are my pills kicking in?!?!?! Still have the dodgy throat closing feeling though which is doing my head in!!!!!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi LauraLou,  If I am correct Sertraline is generic for Zoloft.  I took Zoloft for years, it is a good med.  That glimmer of a good feeling means the medicine is starting to work.  Don't analyze it, just go with it.  You should see a big difference in a couple of weeks or even sooner.  I am on Paxil now, it saved my life.  These meds do help stay positive.

• Posted

Hey Laura

I'm on day 8 too and I feel loads better than I did I Don't seem to be worrying as much and the chest pain has eased abit now too, glad your feeling abit better than you did we will get there x

• Posted

Hi Laura and kirsty, I have been on sertraline for many, many years 150mgs. I have NEVER had any side effects, and I have to say they have literally saved my life... as the weeks go on you will feel better and better....I know how awful depression is, but I promise you both,...there is light at the end of the tunnel...I wish you both, much health and happiness.xx

Sincere regards to all on here...DEIRDRE xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.