Sertraline feeling fed up

Posted , 6 users are following.

iv been on sertraline since 2nd Feb, it took me a good 8 weeks to get over the side effects my mood lifted and my anxiety level went down to, then I picked up my second lot, different manufacturer and I was back to square one again all the side effects for a few weeks, settles down again and iv felt the best I have for ages,  now I'm on my 3rd lot Day 5 yet again a different manufacturer and Iv got the side effects back again, iv phoned round trying to Iget the same but with no joy. NO THEY ARE ALL NOT THE SAME. I am very sensitive to medication. 

I carnt be doing with going though this every renewal. Crying, ringing in my ears, spaced out, feeling sick all the start up things.

Has anyone else been like this.

i have made a doctors appointment for Tuesday and I want to be put on one that I know I can get every time I get a new percription

any advice would be grateful 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I didn't have any problems with different makes. Just wish I had never taken them. I just want to feel well. As we all do. Hope doctor can help you.

• Posted

I hope so too Lorraine.

I'm only on 25mg which is a low dose, have been feeling fine for the last 2 months, Iv kept a few of the previous ones because I no how I was with the ones before that.

so I will

take those until I get to see my GP.

Iv got a draw full of tablets I havnt been able to take. Because they make me feel worse

Waste of money.

How long have you been off them ??

• Posted

Can anyone suggest easiest way to come off Zoloft. I have decided to pack it in after five months. 
    • Posted

You should speak to your doctor. He will tell you how to come of it. But take your time about it and reduce the dose over a few months. Though i was on 50 mg for 4 years i weaned off over 4 months but even then i could not bear my withdrawal symptoms so much so i had to go back after 2 months on the drug again. I have just had 4 days of the drug. It will take about a month to make me feel better.
  • Posted

You are doing the right thing by consulting the doctor so you can take the same company drugs that suit you best. You are on the right track.
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply Anna.

If iv got to be on them long term I need to be at ease everytime

I pick up a repeat.

All 3 have something different in them, being it the binding

agent or the coating, and my body doesn't cope very well with

the change.

Feeling really yuk

Hope you are OK with them

• Posted

I never had any problem with the company change of the drug. I guess different people react differently. Dont worry you will be fine. Just make sure you get the drug that suits you best. You must inform your doctor of your problem. If he does not listen to you go to another.
  • Posted

hello julie i always ask for lustral as i believe they are different too x
    • Posted

Hi Natalie.

I did ask when I ordered my 3rd lot and the receptionist said she would phone round to see if she could get them. She phoned back and said she couldn't so I had to take what they had.

But like iv said they don't agree with me, so thought I would

give them ago.

It's strange I start a different manufacturer and for a couple of weeks I'm back to square. I 😣x

• Posted

I can understand your frustration. I really feel for your predicament.
    • Posted

i think mine do have to be ordered in so have to make sure i don't run out and being as disorganised as i am that can be a challenge! also the doctor has to write it specifically on the prescription or they won't do it!

• Posted

I'm going to asked to be put on a non ganeric a/d so I stand a better chance of getting what I want, it cost more that's why we are put on these.

iv been in bed for a few hours because I feel quiet ill today.

no energy what so ever. And Iv been so well until changing onto diff tablets.

hope tomorrow is a better day. Feeling very 😭 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.