Sertraline help!! Intrusive thoughts and horrible anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, i have been on sertraline on and off for for 13 years, i first went on them for postnatal depression/anxiety after having my twins. I then devoloped tge same thing with my other 2 children and then again after a while being off. 5 and a half years ago i got very ill and eent back on 50mg and have been on them since, anyway 5 weeks ago i found out my partner of 10 years and father of 2 of my 4 children has been abusing my 13 year old daughter. My anxiety and intrusive thoughts came back with a bang, my doc upped me to 75mg and i experienced start up side effects horribly. After around 4 weeks i had some improvement but was still suffering so the doctor upped me to 100mg, the first 5 days i felt ok actually had alot of improvement but last night and today i have felt awful. Over tge last week though i have noticed i my head twitches when im falling asleep and also a couple of nights ive had complete body jolts too. Im really disheartened now as i thought i was getting there and could see liggt at the end of the tunnel. Now i just feel awful again, horrible anxiety and a funny feeling in one of my ears along with a fizzing sound which ive googled all night and convinced myself im going to have it forever. I'm a mess again and i feel so lost. Any advice would be hugely helpful. I just want to be a mum again to my children and feel lije im letting them down. Im terrified this is me now and i am trying to tell myself this is normal but im still so scared! please help! thankyou

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.