Sertraline help please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi iam on day 18 of sertraline 1 week at 25mg and 11 days at 50 mg I also take 5-10 mg Valium a day. I'm so tired I can barely function I sleep well at night about 7 hours and have a couple of hours nap in the day but I'm still so tired I've lost any motivation to do anything except sleep.im also feeling sick and my constant dizzyness has got worse I have a heavy pain in my chest and shortness of breathe although I did have this before it now feels worse I have also developed a painful upper back but don't know if that's where I'm just sitting around basically I feel like a zombie my head feels weird. And I get shaky.i havnt noticed any improvements at all is it still to early and I should stick with it I see people say they feel better in 2 weeks I feel worse.i have had these physical symptoms for over a year so is it to much to expect them to go so quick thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Mango6,

I know exactly how you feel & it's awful isn't it sad.

I have been on Sertraline for nearly 3mths on 100mg & can't understand why i feel no better. I don't know if i need something other to try instead or give it more time. I thought 3mths would be plenty time for it to take effect????

I feel even more anxious than in the beginning

I cannot sleep

Have upper back pain

terrible headaches ( although this isn't the sertraline as i have suffered for yrs)

no energy or motivation- don't want to leave the house

sick & dizzy

I just don't know what to do anymore sad

Please keep in touch & let me know how you are getting on

Butterfly1 x

• Posted

Hi butterfly1 how r u feeling? I would have thought in 3 months you should have seen improvements.ive been back to docs today now got to see a phycatrist because she dosnt know what else to do for me.did you have those symptoms before sertraline? I still can't find anyone who has constant dizzyness lightheaded for so long non stop take care x

• Posted

Hello,

Yes me too, maybe they are not the drug for me.

I would defo look into your dizziness as that doesn't sound right.

I had the headaches before & am on Amitriyptiline for them. x

• Posted

I've had 2 MRI seen a neurologist and they say everything ok I did get diagnosed with uncompensated labarythytus in 2011 which is supposed to get worse with anxiety and it wasn't a problem till I got chest pain in dec last year which is when all this started 14 months. Have you seen a pushy the thought of it is freaking me out even more xx
  • Posted

That was meant to say phyciatrist lol
  • Posted

Aww you poor thing that sounds awful sad

Yes i have had an ECG scan & thankfully everything is ok so at lease there is nothing wrong. Well apart from the pain everyday.

I am also waiting on seeing a therapist for CBT which will hopefully help me. xx

• Posted

Hi ya how u feeling? We'll after the worst night of my life last night constant uncontrollable shaking all night and my head felt like it was going to explode and I would pass out all day today I spoke to my pharmacist and he has told me to stop taking the sertraline he says I shouldn't still be getting side effects 3 weeks on and feeling worse and no better so tapering down as from tommorow.dunno what I'm going to do now as I had high hopes for these.he said my body dosnt seem yo tolerate any pills as I've tried most of them with adverse reaction and my only alternative is the natural route so am looking into accupuncture.i had cbt didn't do anything for me but for some it can be great I see a private councillor now not that I find that helps either just costs me a fortune lolxx
  • Posted

Awww noooo i'm really sorry to hear that & I know how you feel.

I have also tried a lot of different medicines & still not found one that works.

Have you been back to the doc's & what did they say?

Butterfly1 xx

• Posted

Hi how r u doing.? I can't get a appointment till Thursday with doctor but I've spoken to my councillor

Today who is a ex nurse and she said I must stop them immediately as it sounds like a severe reaction and better off than on. I spoke to her about hypnosis and think I may try that.my pharmacist said if you feel worse with no improvement at 3 weeks then they are not the pill for you take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.