sertraline increase

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all hope u are all well. had my sertraline up dosed from 50mg to 100mg been on 100mg 4 days couldnt sleep last night is this normal?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if I hit the right button but here's another reply:yes Julie...This is normal.Hopefully in time the insomnia will dissipate.I've been on an extremely low dose,25mg,for two weeks.Amazing how even that affected my sleep.Am going to up the dose to 50mg soon,when I've plucked up the courage to do so!We need to tell ourselves that the nasty side effects are only transcient and will ease with time.All the best...
    • Posted

thanks sally i do feel better for the 100mg but goodness was tossing and turning all night best be ok tonight .. xx
  • Posted

yes i've had the exact same issue, up from 50mg to 100mg and really struggling to sleep; i'm told it will settle down soon 
  • Posted

Hi Julie

Yes! This is totally normal. I found sleep horrendous as I upped from 100-150. Can take a few weeks to settle in with each increase in dose so always remember that and if no better after 6 weeks then see the gp again as dose may be too high x

• Posted

hi klc. 100mg is to high never felt so bad . was ok on 50mg x
    • Posted

hello klc i suffer from anxiety x
    • Posted

Hi Julie

The same as me then. How long have you been on sertraline for ? X

• Posted

2 months on 50mg then gp put me on 100mg last week over the phone he did it with out seeing me x
    • Posted

i didnt i rang gp for a sick note and he put them up with out seeing me was doing so well i thought id give it a try supid mistake x
    • Posted

Aha.. Understand now.. Stick at 50mg then... Tell him you don't want to up them. He will have automatically told you to up them if you Are asking for a sick note.. He will presume you 'just need to up your tablets and you'll be ok!' ... If you are doing well at 50mg leave it there! X
    • Posted

ur right thats probley what he thought i should be ok shouldnt i was only on 100mg for 7 days x
    • Posted

Just remember if you do stick with the 100mg it can take 4-6 weeks again to feel the full benefit and rid any side effects. . Each increase effects us with side effects again x
    • Posted

You will be fine if only 7 days... X
    • Posted

yes i understand that hun no chance staying on 50mg 100mg much to hight for me thank you for listening x
    • Posted

Only you can tell- and I feel the same.. I know when a dose isn't right for me. I am on 50mg now too. I hope this continues to work for you x take care and get some sleep! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.