Sertraline increase help please.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone so i had bad pnd 2 years ago and severe anxiety i was put on sertraline 50mg which worked well. This past month i had so much stress it bought on a relapse. Doctors have put me on 100mg now how long for it to work? Feeling really deflated as was perfect for tje last 2 years. And now i have develpoed an insomnia phobia i think as scared of this insomnia can anyone help please sorry for the rambling xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's a waiting game on antidepressants, I think the time line is different for everyone. How long did it take to work 2 years ago?

• Posted

It was almost instant i think i felt the effects in just under a week im feelimg rotten.
  • Posted

Hi Hailie. 

Sorry to hear about the Somniphobia, it's really awful, I know. I developed it when I first got Anxiety 4 years ago, and although the anxiety went away twice, and came back twice, I'm still working through it, the Somniphobia really didn't. 

About 3 weeks ago I found a website called sleeplikethedead dot com which outlines how one guy dealt with it. I've been doing a lot of hard work, lots of writing. While I'm by no means over it yet, I'm very much better than I was. 

I'm not offering expert advice, for I have none, and I don't have shares in his site; it's working for me, so might be worth a look. 

• Posted

How did you feel with your anxiety and what 9hysical symotoms did/do you have x
  • Posted

I took 50 mg today, been for 7 and a half weeks. Supposed to take another 50 today. Super scared but 50 isnt quite cutting it.

Pls send me thoughts, do u think i will have side effects , didnt have many on 50 at all....and weight gain? I'm desperate to feel better

• Posted

Hi...

I too was on 50mg for 2 years and felt great until a couple of months ago when anxiety started up again. My Dr said to increase to 100mg but I compromised and said 75mg as I was so afraid of the side effects being as bad as when I started. 75mg took a week or so for side effects to go but after a few weeks I felt ok again and have now gone back down to 50mg. Apparently any increase can take as long as when you 1st start to get into your system properly. I hope you feel the benefits soon. Good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.