Sertraline increasing 50mg to 100mg side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, new poster here!

I was prescribed 50mg sertraline about 5 weeks ago for anxiety that I've had all my life, about a week ago that got upped to 75mg and for two days I've been taking 100mg.

When I started the 50mg course, my anxiety seemed worse/just as bad until week 3/4 when it became a little bit more bearable... I even got out of bed in the morning!

Since upping to 75/100 mg though my anxiety seems to be getting worse sad

I can't stop connecting coincidences, my mind just makes up scenarios then obsesses over them...

I'd love to think it's just the sertraline affecting me, but I really can't bring myself to believe that sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would speak to your doctor again ! There are other tablets out there x
  • Posted

Hi I was on sertraline for 8months up to 200mg did absaloutly nothing for me awful drug requested to go on Prozac which has worked in the past coming up to 10 weeks taking a long time to kick in on 40 mg getting some ok days but still awful days all say it neesds at least 12 weeks anxiety is the worst illness anyone can suffer I think.  
  • Posted

I was.on.sertraline for a year wemt bery nad now im on strong medssad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.