Sertraline Insomnia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Im in a bit of a state ! Ive recently started sertraline on top of the mirtazapine Ive been on for years . The first few days were ok but now I have the most awful insomnia and I dont know whether to carry on taking it ...Could you advise if you had same side effect and does it go away ? Ive been taking it in the morning about 10.00 am

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

its normal kal , in going through the same thing now, what time do you take the mirtazapine?

• Posted

Ah hi John thankyou so much for responding I take the 30mg mirtazapine at 10.30 pm ive been struggling with insomnia ongoing for years so much so its become like a phobia to me as I cant function ! Dr suggested adding sertraline in but as my insomnia been so bad for 3 months now im scared this is going to make matters worse ! I could cope if i knew it would eventually turn around!

How are you getting on ?

• Posted

ups and downs ,sleep still poor but in getting there slowly.

• Posted

Hi

I would take the Sertraline the minute you get up and take it the same time each day.

After 10-12 weeks, you will start to notice a difference. I think because you're worrying about your insomnia, its causing you anxiety.

Give it some time and see how you go.

Good luck and God bless

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response you have me so right all im thinking about is the insomnia I look like im really ill and wont go out its the anxiety over the insomnia thats doing it !! Im a nuisance X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.