Sertraline is making me really poorly, what shall I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have only been taking sertraline for a week now but whenever I take it have a really bad tummy and have been sick. On Sunday I was i wasnt able to keep any food down, assumed it was a bug however then last night was sick again in the middle of the night twice. I have tried to book a doctors appointment however they just want to ring over the phone, don't know what to do next! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately that can be one of the side effects but hang in there it gets alot better!!
  • Posted

I personally didn’t get on with sertraline, I was 8.5kg before taking it and within the first 3 days I went down to 7.9kg, lost loads of weight, was making me feel horrendous, I couldn’t continue with it as I had to try and work like it and I just couldn’t, but I’ve heads a lot of positives about it so it’s entirely up to you! There is lots of medications out there it’s just finding the one for you xx
  • Posted

sound to me like your experiencing the common side effect of sertraline. It will improve after a couple of weeks so it may be that the wait for the docs appointment is a blessing in disguise. You will probably be feeling better by the time they get in contact. 

I would suggest waiting another week or two (easier said than done I know!) and if there is no improvment in the side effects then defo see your doc for some advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.