Sertraline makes me feel more depressed and tired

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im 29 years old and been on this medication for about 2 to 3 years maybe more not sure but it's made my life hell.... I'm not motivated I don't feel love I'm numb to any relationship iv had and I feel way more depressed then I ever did before I've tried over medication but they didn't help I went on sertraline because I had depression but also had insomnia but now I sleep to much I need something for happiness and motivation cause I don't want to live like this anymore sad

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Have you reliably taken everyday for 2/3 years?

If so then no its not working. 

• Posted

Yep of course in the last year and a half iv felt worse so I went online i read other reviews and I have the same I'm gonna try something different

• Posted

Why do you still take it then? Couldn't you ask the doctor to try something different? Xx

• Posted

Because I've asked my doctor and he said there one of the best kind and said see how I go on them but I get withdrawal symptoms after stopping I tried to stop myself for 6 days and couldn't see properly it made me have head claps and dizziness was horrible iv only signed up today because I wanted to read up on sertraline I didn't realise how much it effected others in the same way I'm going doctor's to make him change them there ruining my life xx

• Posted

You have to taper off them slowly I know it's hard, I was on citalopram for 7 years and didn't really do that much, they pooped out on me and I've just started sertraline. I stopped mirtazapine cold turkey and only lasted 6 days, it was hell! But please taper slowly and hopefully you will find a new medication that works ?

• Posted

I've been on tablets for 15 years I've been on citalopram .. floxetene ..mirtazapine.. Buspirone and sertraline none of them work I hope I do find something because I've lost interest on these more then any of them but I get other bad effects off them others 😥

• Posted

How horrible for you. Are you at the maximum dose of 200mg? My mate was on them for about 4 years and they did bugger all for her until she was at the maximum dosage and even then it took about 6 weeks before she felt the cloud start to lift. She had a bout of severe depression.

Im on then for anxiety and they have only just started kicking in for me on 150mg. 

Your doctor dont sound massively supportive so I hope you can get through this x

• Posted

I no it's been horrendous ..... 200 mg of sertraline is maximum dose it makes me tired I feel like a zombie I have to start Venlafaxine next week got to wait for the sertraline to go out my system hope these new ones work my doctor said that zoloft (sertraline) helps sleep and can make you tired I'm never touching them again 😂 lol x

• Posted

I've been on my new venlafaxine tablets feel great so far I feel more uplifted and energised only day 5 but I feel great never going back to sertraline lol hopefully I stay this way cause I feel great x

• Posted

Do you mean to say that the doctor made you go from 200 mg of sertraline to zero sertraline, cold turkey?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.