Sertraline need some help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone let me first start with some back ground I'm 25 and it all started 7 years ago when I began retching in public places and felt really I'll finally after loads of tests for acid reflux 3 years ago was dignosed with anxiety.

I was put on amtriptyline but that didn't help much the meds I have tried are fluoxetine, clitropram, buspar, nortriptyline and some others as we'll but side effects were to much.

I started sertraline 4 weeks ago first week was hell stomach pains, sickness etc. By the 3rd week things started to ease but this week has been hell. I suffer from acid reflux as well doctors think this is from anxiety, stress and I was naughty at the weekend and had loads of chocolate, fizzy drinks. All this week my stomach hurts, serve acid reflux, feel sick and anxiety very high.

Do you reckon it's the sertraline making me have acid reflux as I haven't had none for 3 weeks or do you reckon all from the rubbish food from the weekend and a blip in my anxiety is why and to hold out a bit longer?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

They have all kinds of diets out there. Your diet must play some kind of role in this too. I have no clue but many people who vomit a lot tend to go the fluten free route and take probiotics. This is horrible way to exist. Hope you feel better and they find out what works to calm your stomach. Holistically they would look into someone who hurt you, abused you or made you feel poorly about yourself. Just throwing that out there our emotions effect digestion big time.
  • Posted

Hey, out of interest do you eat and drink regularly? Give me an overview of your daily diet.
    • Posted

Hey my day mainly consume of this really on a working day

6am: red apple, pack of snack chicken, one of those actimel yogurt drinks

9.30am: chicken or egg salad and a low fat yogurt

1pm: sandwich, 2 piece of fruit, small snack

5pm: main meal

7-8pm: normally a piece of fruit or snack

Drink about equilvent to 4 bottles of water a day

• Posted

Okay, I was going to say I got acid reflux from eating too little and leaving too much time between meals. This was making me hypoglacimic and made me panic a lot too. I thought you were gonna be similar. But your diet sounds good! Do you have acidic fruit? I've done research into this quite a lot and you can get acid reflux from panicking too much.

Has your doctor presciribed you lanzaprosole to repair your LES and to reduce your acid symptoms? Also was you anxious while eating all this food or after eating all this food, cause you're in a chicken egg situation where anxiety could have caused your symptoms or symptoms could have caused your anxiety.

• Posted

It's weird but I have tried all the acid reflux meds and they make me more sick omperazole, Zantac, lanzaprosole etc which is why doctors believe it's the anxiety causing the acid reflux as supposedly acid reflux med can make anxiety worse.

I guess I'm sort of trapped in a rotating circle acid reflux is caused by anxiety which makes me sick which makes me have anxiety.

Fruit wise I'm pretty careful with them I only eat apples, pear, grapes, strawberry, melon

• Posted

Tell me how you breathe, do you yawn sigh gasp for air a lot?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.