Sertraline on your heart rate

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i usually have a very low resting heart rate, typically in the low 50s, however it is now in the late 60s, early 70s and i was just wondering if anybody knows if this is a side effect of sertraline? Im also getting pains in my calf. Thank you

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Is this mentioned on the paperwork? I think the muscle cramps one is fairly common.

P

• Posted

No experience of those but I'd deffo get a check done just to be sure.

All the best.

Phil

• Posted

Thank you Phil. I was just wondering of youve ever felt really hot in yoir head and face etc and of this is a side effect too? Im on day 14 now and was hoping things would be starting to improve. Hope you are well
    • Posted

About two/three weeks in I had hot flushes and then felt really cold at other times. Possibly because I hardly ate anything at the time due to nausea?

Give it 4/5 weeks and you will really notice a difference.

• Posted

Anxiety will increase your heart rate, and I got night leg cramps from it. If you had a clot your calf would be very warm, tender and red
  • Posted

I don't get pains in calf, but I have gotten very terrible neck pains, neck stiffness and cramps, and facial pain, as side effects. And I know serotonin has a big effect on your muscle and movement, but I am not certain. I am on 100mg. 

• Posted

Hi! I see you were experiencing 12 months ago what I am wondering about. Have a 105/71 blood pressure and 80 heart rate while resting sometimes. My normal is 60. I think it is sertraline. Doctor doesn't think so. I only take 25 mg. How have you done in the last year? Thank you for listening.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.