Sertraline overdose last night

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi i took a sertraline overdose yesterday i am feeling ok but should i still go to AE

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

When you say "overdose" what exactly do you mean?

How many hours have passed?

• Posted

OMG .... why did you do that ?????

Are you feeling okay ?

I would definitely go or call NHS !

• Posted

I sincerely hope you are talking about 20mg and not 20 pills. If you took 20 pills it's a miracle you are still conscious. Go to the hospital now!

• Posted

I hope you are doing ok but yes phone the doctor I don't know your circumstances but suicide is not the way out you can work through it I pray for you and hope you overcome this

• Posted

You need to go to the hospital right away and make sure you are ok.

If you have or/and are considering overdose again you need to go to your doctor immediately. They can give you help.

• Posted

If you're feeling okay I wouldn't worry about it but please don't do that again

• Posted

Go to your doctor at the very least and work this out let them know what you took how long ago they may want you to hold off for a few days to let some of that work through your system go see your doctor please
  • Posted

I would try the GP 'it's an emergency' appointment first. They would thgen send yoiu to A & E if they thought you were in danger. Or, is there a walk in centre near you. A & E are overwhelmed and you may be OK with primary care/

Good luck and as others have said, not a great idea to take a load of tablets like this. Much better to try to get talking advice even if it is NHS 111.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Alison - I read that it's difficult to overdose on Zoloft. Someone took 2000mg and survided. You should be Ok but go see a doctor to be sure and perhaps you need to try something different if you took it to self harm. Depression sucks but it's only a feeling and not reality. When it goes away you won't think that way. You'll go out and you'll enjoy a lot of things. Life will have meaning. It's all a state of mind. Life is grand and you will see it once you feel beter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.