Sertraline Plasma Peak Levels 4-6 hours question

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

I have increased from 50mg to 100mg and have been on 100mg for coming up to 7 weeks. My doctor thought 150mg should be my target but I am struggling to get my head round the plama levels

Basically what I have been finding is that I am getting a peak of anxiety most days sort of early to mid afternoon. I did a little research and read that zoloft peaks at 4 - 6 hours which would work out about right for me

Has anyone else found that they receive peaks of anxiety on Sertraline? I never used to have this years ago but it is very noticeable now and I am reluctant to increase to 150mg if this is the case. 

I thought about taking it at night instead but I don't want it to affect my sleep as I sleep really well

Hope someone can shed some light on this one, you may also experience this?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi I seem to peak at different times of the day I've only been on 100mg for a week now
  • Posted

I Tom I'm on day 24 of 150mgs and I get real high peaks of anxiety Ard 4 to 6 hrs after taking it still got anxiety through the day
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies. Would you expect these peaks to even out or is it a side effect which will always occur? 

I used to be on Sertraline years ago and these peaks only lasted a few weeks and never experienced them after that

• Posted

Evened out for me once side effects went I'm hoping it does this time as well
  • Posted

Hi Tom

I take my dose at night before bed and I wake up with horrible anxiety at some point throughout the night. It's like I can tell when it's starting to work. I was always a great sleeper so this is hard for me. Hoping it passes in a few weeks. If you can deal with the hightened anxiety during the day then I would stick with taking it when you are. Hope things get better soon! smile

• Posted

Hi 

Thanks for your replies. Do these peaks that occur 4-6 hours disappear in time? and is normal?

I have had 5 weeks on 50mg and 7 weeks 100mg, these peaks really are naff and not improving over the weeks, not sure wether to start taking at night, increase to 150mg or just stick at it

Amanda - with taking yours at night do you not notice any real peaks during the day?

• Posted

Well I took mine at 8.30 this morning and been having highten anxiety the last 30mins but normally passes after an hr I'm hoping it's on temp till tabs settle
    • Posted

Tom I usually feel a bit of anxiety at some point during the day but it's not as bad at the peak during the night.
    • Posted

Tracey do you do anything to control your anxiety when it hits those points?
    • Posted

Hi Amanda I usually just try keep myself busy for the 45 mins to an hr it peaks x
    • Posted

Hi Tracey

I am doing well this morning, usually around 2-4 is when I have a peak of anxiety out of no where which hits me even harder if I am having a good day

How are you doing?

• Posted

Hi Tom yeah I'm not to bad this morning just a bit of anxiety lurking but not high glad u r doing good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.