Sertraline! RELAPSE

Posted , 9 users are following.

in the past I had bad anxiety and depression was put on sertraline from 50mg finally ending up on 200mg.

Recently I have had a relapse and have really bad anxiety again tried to cope on my own but couldn't do it so I have started taking sertraline again at 50mg this is the first day I'm so scared and anxious about taking it because I am full of anxiety atm but last time within 2 months I was back to my old self. Anyone on sertraline early stages atm?

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi dusty

I do hope that going back onto the sertraline will help with your anxiety and depression, but it seems to me that being on this medication will be for a long term to have any effect on your well being, l am a bit nervous on going on them, as l have only just been prescribed them, as l do have the same anxiety and with that the onset of depression, seems to be a viscious circle. good luck and l will post when l start to let you all know how l am doing.

But l am so glad to have found this website, as l am not alone with this disabliatating disease. 

• Posted

Hi Melita,

I will keep you up dated on how I am feeling. But right now I'm in a pretty bad way and think im going to have to leave work again.

• Posted

Hi just to let you know l started the course, last night and my god, l did not know what just hit me, no sleep, splitting headache and early hours sitting

on the loo and being sick, is it all worth it? and my GP said l could go back

to work this week, thats a laugh,l can see where you are coming from now

did you also suffers from the shakes, l can not control the shakes in my 

hands, oh well day one of a very long road

l can see where all you are coming from

• Posted

Hi Melita,

I'm on my second tablet today and as soon as I take it couldn't get off the toilet and went into a full blown panic attack I have as well had a massive headache.

But it is worth it in the end I hope I don't have to end up on 200mg again but it really is worth it.

What sort of anxiety do you suffer from?

I suffer from being a hypochondriac and the latest addition to my illnesses is that everything i put in my body is am having a allergic reaction to and I think that's what's caused my anxiety attack today as I was convinced that I had an allergy to the tablet. Hopefully in a few weeks when the tablets are in my system it takes those thoughts away.

Yes it is a very long toad but it's worth sticking out as non of us want to feel like this

• Posted

Hi dusty

Sorry to hear you are feeling bad again, keep on taking the medication, and

hopefully things will feel brighter soon, you have got to have faith in your GP

to get you through the bad patches, l do not know what part of the country

you are in, but here the sun has finally made an appearance, hopefully it has

where you are, have you got family to support you in these difficult times, as

they do help. good luck

• Posted

Hi dusty...I'm in the same boat....felt good stopped taking sertraline...8 months later...Bang...I'm back on my sertraline now 3 weeks and still feel crap but gets better in the evenings...I'm gona stay on them much longer this time.
    • Posted

Hello, Rob I was wondering on how many mg you are on? I'm going on my 3rd week and my anixty was terrible today and was wondering if you have set backs?
    • Posted

I'm on 100mg at the min but will probably be upping it again in the next few days to 150mg...it's normal to have increased anxiety for the first few weeks especially when upping your meds.

Hang in there smile

• Posted

Hi Rob

my GP has started me on 50mg and that was a total shock to my

system, so l think its all according to how you get on with the dosage

you are on and whether it is taking an effect, if not, then l will assume

your GP will up the dosage. l do hope that is of some help

let me know how it goes

• Posted

I made that silly mistake a few weeks after I felt better came off a really high dose and a year later back to square one my GPS told me i should of at least been on the tablets for a year and should have never went cold turkey.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Teria,

How are you feeling today? I know I'm only on day 2 but I know this is going you feel like a lifetime by the time the tablets work.

We all need to stay strong support eachother and hang in there x

• Posted

I'm feeling less anixty today, but I'm @ work keeping busy. I hope someday, I will be like I was when my anixty was controlled with the procentine (paxil). I'm trying too stay strong but, I have my days thinking that the pills won't work but, I'm only on week 3 on thursday Thank-You for asking how I feel.

Yes, we do need too stay strong and support each other. It helps

• Posted

How are you doing on your second day?

• Posted

I'm scared of uping my med. Affraid of the side effects and I go too the dr. friday and see what she has to say. Thank-You for the reply
    • Posted

Hi Teria,

I have been terrible today as soon as I took the tablet I have had nothing but anxiety convinced I'm having the side effects and an allergy to it I have no idea where my fear of allergy is coming from but everything i seem to put in my body I have an allergy to I'm only slim so can't really afford too loose weight either. I'm hoping these tablets will get rid of this thought and the constant thoughts that I'm dying

I'm glad your doing fine sometimes I really struggle at work but don't know what i would do without it.

You need to stay strong you have come this fair and you know you can get threw it again

• Posted

Hello, ya I know about the dying part, don't think I'm breathing right because of my heart racing and fear having an anixty attack. It suxs. You will get through it. It sounds like the sertiline helped you before and I'm sure it will again. It's going too take time. I hope you start too feel better
    • Posted

Are you loosing weight because you don't want too eat from the med.
    • Posted

Hi Teria,

Yes I don't have a massive appetite I think that's because of my Anxiety heightening. Sertraline and CBT worked for me before I'm going to try physcotherapy this time. We just need to hang it will get better smile

What time do you take your medication?

• Posted

Hi, I have the same problem with the anixty. I have my days where I can eat or days I can eat very little. I have loss weight but, I could stand too loose more. I have more energy on the sertraline then I had on the paxil. Maybe your Dr. can prescribe you a med. that makes you hungry and want too eat. I have seen it work on people who didn't feel hungry. I take my med. @ bed time because, of the side effects.
    • Posted

Hi Teria,

I think im going to take my medication at night as well I was taking mine in the morning but that doesn't seem to work for me. Next time I'm at my GP I will mention that thankyou

• Posted

Hi, dusty,

I hope it does work for you @ night and I hope you can start eating again.

• Posted

Hi, dusty17

I hope it helps you taking your med. @ night.

Well today for me my anixty is way up there. I have been having the shakes, legs feeling week and ache body, pretty much all after noon and evening. It must be the anixty or who knows maybe the sertiline. I'm glad that. your going to talk too your GP about a med. for your poor appetite. I hope it helps you.

• Posted

Hi! How are you getting along during week 4?

Curious because I am in that time frame and I had a real bad anxiety attack today.

• Posted

Hi, I still have anixty and some days are better then others. This last Saturday I had my dosage increases too 75mg. I hope you start felling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.