Sertraline side effects-Advice please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All

Please can someone tell me how long these take to work and how long did you get side effects for?

I am getting:

Dizziness

Insomania

Lightheaded Strange feelings in head as if its in a clamp

Blurred vision

Head zaps

I have been on it 2 weeks tommorow. I would really apprieciate some advice as I am ready to give up. I feel really good other than these side effects.

Thank you

Ina

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there. Most people find the side effects decrease over time.

I recovered from the worst of the side effects in a couple of days but I still suffered from yawning & tiredness after that. I have been taking 100mg daily since January and I just seem to be losing the last of the (minor) side effects.

Try taking them at a different time of day, I find mornings much better than evenings and having tried both have gone back to taking them with my breakfast.

If the side effects continue, worsen or you are struggling with them, go back to your psychiatrist or doctor for help.

• Posted

Hi stick with it,it dose take time for things to settle down. I have been on Sertraline for 15 months but still get the occasional side effect no where as bad as when I first started taking the medication but I do still get the odd one. Usually when I am tired 12 weeks is not a long time to be on this med the best is yet to come.So keep with it Just when you think you feel fantastic you will make another leap in progress. Good luck.
  • Posted

Have they really helped with severe anxiety and depression?

I need to know this...

Thank you.

• Posted

Hi Magda

Yes they have, especially with anxiety, I have had a few anxious moments but they did not turn into anything. Are you them them?

Ina :D

• Posted

Thank you very much.

Ina

• Posted

Hi All

Thanks for your comments. They really help me.

Ina

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.