Sertraline Side effects after two weeks- Help please!

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi

i am hoping someone has been through something similar. I was put on Sertraline for work related stress and anxiety and i'm on my second week today. The side effects come and go but i am struggling, Has anyone experienced the following and does it get better:

nausea

headaches

sore and stiff muscles and joints especially neck, back and calves

feeling cold/ cold skin

night sweats

tremor

tiredness

feeling more anxious and sad than i was before

tight jaw and tight throat with difficulty swallowing

these all come and go

thanks x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes. These are all normal side effects of starting sertraline. I have battled it out and starting having much better days at about the end of week 6, beginning of week 7. I'm 2 days away from the start of week 8 and have had 5 good days in a row. I'm coming close to writing up a very positive review on sertraline, but I don't want to jinx myself as even 7 weeks is early yet. There are some very helpful facebook groups where you can ask questions and see how others are doing. just do a search on "zoloft (sertraline) bruno truth group". Hang in there, I know it's tough but it really does get better. 😀

• Posted

Thank you for this! the doctor thinks i should be seeing an improvement by now but she also didn't think any of how i feel was a side effect yet it started on zoloft

• Posted

No problem. It's good you asked because although some people claim to feel results in 2 weeks, it's certainly not the norm. I was first told by my pharmacist that "from experience, something happens within the first and second month". I just kept that in my mind and it's starting to unfold exactly like he said. Also, it's good to try to stay on the same dose for at least 8-12 weeks for it to level and really kick in. So hang in there and I hope that helps you out.

• Posted

Absolutely lynn but they were kind of scattered here and there and I haven't gotten since early in week 6. All of the side effects started to become noticeably better for me at the end of week 6, beginning of week 7.

• Posted

Hi,

Could I ask, with your side effects did you get itching skin randomly over your body? I'm four weeks in and for the last couple of weeks i get this annoying itch which comes and goes all over me.

Thanks

• Posted

I will say a huge side effect is night sweats. I have been on this medications for well over 2 years and the night sweats are horrible. But all of the other things I don't really get.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.