Sertraline side effects causing musculoskeletal problems

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've recently had a shoulder impingement which led to me having a cortisone injection but it didn't do anything to help. That then triggered my health anxiety badly thinking it was something really wrong with me. I ended up going back on sertraline having having a years break. The last time I took them I had only a few manageable side effects. This time around is horrendous! About a week in I noticed a bit of stiffness in my neck but put it down to my shoulder problem. But as the days have gone on, I've noticed a huge improvement in my impingement, but am now experiencing jaw pain, extremely tense and achy neck both shoulders along with headaches. My shoulder impingement no longer bothers me, it's these symptoms that now have me stressing, triggering a vicious cycle because I'm on sertraline for health anxiety but the side effects are what's triggering it. Anyone else ever experience these symptoms from taking sertraline? I've been back on them for around 2-3 weeks and seriously thinking about stopping them already

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi the meds will take a few weeks to work into your system id give it 8-12 weeks to start seeing some improvements.

I've inboxed you an information link which might help you 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.