Sertraline side effects - sore throat, acid reflux, globus in throat

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Has anyone experienced side effects when increasing dosage.

My neck and joints ache, no appetite, my throat and neck are sore, I have been getting reflux and a globus feeling in my throat like a have a piece of food stuck.

Note: I suffer with health anxiety so all of these side effects are making me anxious. they could also be caused from anxiety

Any advice and to not feel alone would be much appreciated

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I experienced these side effects on citalopram. Not sure if it's the same as sertraline but I was told to drink loads of water to make sure the tablet went right down as usually it would get stuck and cause reflux etc. Also was suggested to take it with food. I have read that side effects can come back when altering dosage too.

• Edited

Hi. I just made a similar post! I also have health anxiety and sertraline are making me worse. My side effects are: pain in my jaw, stiff/painful neck, a tense achy feeling in both shoulders with a pressure pain at the bottom of my skull, headaches that painkillers do nothing for. And obviously my health anxiety is in overdrive with all these symptoms. I've also had an increase in panic attacks since being on them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.