Sertraline Tapering Symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. I've been on Sertraline 50mg for around six months due to anxiety that I couldn't overcome myself this time and decided with my GP to taper off them recently.

The advice was to drop to 25mg for a month and stop (which I won't be doing after reading this forum!).

Anyway, about two days after reducing to 25mg, I began to feel really tired, then the next day irritable, then over the next couple of days I began feeling spaced-out, dizzy, low-mood, empty and slightly anxious in the pit of my stomach. Oddly, I can still function and feel a little detached from it, but I have this background fear of it erupting to destabalizing levels.

Does anyone else have experience of having these symptoms when tapering from 50mg to 25mg? If so, how long did these symptoms last and were they just an adjustment period? Is 50mg to 25mg too big a jump? Looking for reassurance.

Many thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i wish i had answers for you. im also in a similar position to you currently. reduced from 75mg to 50mg and i have felt so zoned out, fuzzy head & heightened anxiety. im so scared im going to go backwards.

howre you feeling now? have the tapering side effects got better..

sending you lots of strength

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.