Sertraline to Venlafaxine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi my doc took me off Sertraline very quickly as I was constantly soaking wet due to sweating day & night. It been on Venlafaxine for a week but I'm still sweating buckets. Its very embarrassing not to mention uncomfortable. Can anyone tell me if the Sertraline is still coming out of my system or does Venlafaxine cause this severe sweating too?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stressheadmum.

Venlafaxine does cause excessive sweating. I know how embarrassed I feel when I sweat. It's difficult if you have symptoms that need treatment but the treatment causes unwanted symptoms. I learned to live with it. Having said that I still feel embarrassed if someone comments on the sweating. I am used to putting a towel on my pillow at night and my night clothes being soaking but it's not nice. I'm not sure if all people experience this or not.

• Posted

Hi Catherine

I had hoped the sweating would improve I'm currently off work but the thought of going back is a nightmare. Our meeting room at work is warm at the best of times. Without me leaving a puddle of sweat behind how unprofessional is that!

• Posted

Yes it does cause sweating I only got that when I went on high dose and. Well that I'm reducing my dose slowly with the aim of coming off them xx

• Posted

I take venlafaxine and mirtazapine. I usually feel the heat more than most people anyway, and don't seem to sweat much more now. I sometimes get night sweats when I first go to bed, but they don't last very long. I know the side effects can vary from person to person. Have you talked to your doctor about it? For me these meds work very well that so far the side effects have been well worth it. Let me know how you make out. This site is a great way to talk to others who understand what you are dealing with.

• Posted

Unfortunately Venlafaxine causes severe sweating as well, I suffered so badly It was impossible to wear make up.  I was on the drug for many years, have been off for about three weeks now,  unfortunately I had to stop 3 x 75mg per day over a short period of time, I have suffered awful side affects but am day by day Improving.  Hope this helps, hope you feel better soon. Jan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.