Sertraline up to 200mg back to work today!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, hope everyone is fighting on well.

I went back to work today after about 10 weeks off. Just part time for few weeks, docs orders. Went OK, could notice a few minor physical symptoms but put them aside. Did 7.30 till 1pm and felt that was enough to ease back in. Saw psychiatrist last week and he said to up to 200mg, to get fully well. Still waiting for cbt. Seems to take forever. How's everyone else doing?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

great to hear you're easing yourself back into work. Keep up the great progress and dont let any blips get you down on your upward path. I did an online CBT course for anxiety. It was ok but i found it hard to relate to as all the examples were about anxiety triggers like exams, debt, kids etc and i dont seem to have any pattern of triggers. Have asked for F2F CBT but waiting list on NHS in UK is 3 months. Chronically understaffed and underfunded. Still soldiering on 😉 Best of luck to all.

• Posted

well done you, another tick in the box and another step in the right direction

• Posted

Good for you for easing back in - very smart. I'm the mom of a daughter who suffered from major depressive disorder (she's still on Sert) - she jumped the gun and tried to go back to work too early and it set her back - she was only at 6 weeks on Sert and hadn't had enough time for it to fully work (in the end it took about 13 weeks for her to feel she was completely back to herself). She was unable to concentrate at work and freaked out and on the third day turned off her phone and just didn't go into work - people at work didn't know at the time what she was struggling with (she works freelance so she had just told them she was taking time off and not accepting any freelance jobs there for the 7 weeks she was back home with us, but didn't tell them why) and they were really worried about her when she didn't show up. It was a major setback for her. However, she explained to the owner of the company what was going on and that she wasn't yet ready to work again. The owner was so understanding and after a few more weeks (I think, like you, it was around 10 weeks and she was feeling so much better and got her concentration and motivation back) agreed to let her work from home. She's been doing that ever since and it has worked out well. I don't think she's doing cbt but has been seeing a therapist for many weeks and will continue to do so.

Good luck on your journey you are doing amazing! Best of luck - this drug works slowly but it does work!

• Posted

Hi, well done! Going back to work is a big step... I have just started week 10 on 200 and have been on SERT since October. I am having good and bad days at the moment and it's like a pattern. I will be going back to work next week and I hope I will have more good days than bad days... Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.