Sertraline upped dose 100mg

Posted , 7 users are following.

ive recently upped my dose to0 100mg from 50mg after 3 weeks! im now experiencing side effects and hightened anxiety which is terrible in the mornings! when will this pass ?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

hi charlotte

3 weeks is not really enough time to see if 50 was going to work for but it is what it is now

yes the side effects and the way you feel at the moment will pass but you have to give it time, stay strong and be kind to yourself and hopefully as the weeks progress you will start to feel the benefits of this medication and maybe not let anyone rush you up the doses until you know what is going to work for you

• Posted

thanks for your reply! ive been getting tension headaches and no energy at all and still no appetite is this normal x

• Edited

yes unfortunately it is all normal, just some of the wonderful side effects these drugs give us.

for your headaches you could try paracetamol or if that doesn't cut it then try a herbal head bath, something like oblas oil in hot water and breath in the vapour.

I lost 3 stone in the beginning, don't try and force yourself to eat, if you really don't feel like it, get some protein milkshakes such as complan, they do not taste as bad as they use to and come in a lot of flavours, that way you will still be getting better some good inside you

with regards to the anxiety, it is usual that this is the last thing to go but, as with all the other stuff it will go, time is the only thing you have , that and the knowledge you will get better, do not try and chase it, look upon it as not being well and give yourself time and space to

• Posted

thanks i appriciate your reply, ive been on the sertraline for three weeks now! i did have one good day last week! and i thought i had maybe turned a corner! it seems its a long slow process recovery! when did your side effects start to subside?

• Posted

after about 8 weeks, not a one day I had all of them and then had none but a gradual process over that time frame

• Edited

hi charlotte, upping dosages will bring on the side effects again. im going through the same thing, i upped 2 weeks ago and im struggling with side effects, give this dose time to work before going up again. honestly this medication has helped me get my life back in the past so keep with it

• Edited

i know, the start up effects are horrendous but i promise once it works you will be so glad you stuck through it. patience and strength are needed to get through but its worth it! there is a facebook group zoloft (sertraline) bruno truth group and tgere are some amazing ppl on there with loads of great advice.

• Posted

thanks ill have a look at that! ive been feeling very shaky also the past few days is this normal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.