Sertraline upping from 50 to 75

Posted , 6 users are following.

can anybody tell me their experience upping from 50mg to 75mg ?? did you have bad side affects again ? im just wonder what to expect. when i first started on 50mg i had the worst side affects... hightened anxiety , bad stomache cramps which lead to not being able to sleep , nausea .

thanks !

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

Hi,

i went from 50-75-100 and honestly had really bad side effects each time. really weird lightheaded feeling, rapid heart, heart flutters and more. The lightheaded feeling is so bizarre as its not your normal dizzy feeling. I am not reducing and coming off them.

• Posted

the lightheadness , i think i may have experienced it .. even now i cant explain it but my head just feels off. thank you for your reply ! i really appreciate it 😁

• Posted

i meant to write i am now coming off sertraline, im currently taking 50mg. The head sensation is so scary and i cant honestly explain it too

• Posted

I had bad side effects so am coming off it. How are you getting on?

• Posted

Hi can you explain your side effects please has I've just started it an omg feel so bad with panic and anxiety attacks but I've only took it four times so it's early days

• Posted

yes i stuck with it . im now on 100mg and feel almost 100 percent again ! i wont ever try to come off it again!

• Posted

thanks so much for the reply. its the lightheadedness I'm really struggling with. I'm due back in work next week and really worried about how I'm gonna cope. im hoping it will level out soon on 75 and the side effects will ease up, i hardly slept last night and felt all tense and agitated.

• Posted

I've just started on 50mg sertraline on day 4 and omg the side effects are crippling me bad panic attacks bad anxiety 😞 did you feel like this? Please explain how you felt.. Give me some hope its goin to get better.. I take them for a crippling health anxiety

• Posted

so sorry for the late reply i havent been on in a while. i had the worst side affects , i did eventually upp to 100mg and im almost back to myself again thank god ! i havent had a bad anxiety attack im a few months ! just stick to it , it will get better. it might seem like it never will but i promise it does !

• Posted

I can tell you that increasing your dose of Sertraline can have side effects, although it may vary from person to person. Some common side effects include nausea, headache, drowsiness, increased anxiety, and stomach cramps.

It's important to talk to your doctor before increasing your dose of Sertraline or any other medication, as they will be able to advise you on the best course of action based on your individual health and medical history. Your doctor will also be able to monitor you for any side effects and adjust the dose if necessary.

In general, it's best to start with a low dose and gradually increase it as tolerated. This can help to minimize the risk of side effects. If you experience any side effects when increasing your dose, be sure to contact your doctor right away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.