Sertraline & Venlafxine Combination

Posted , 2 users are following.

Morning everyone . . . I won'tgo into too many details but has anyone taken both Sertraline and Venlafaxine?   I was on Sert which worked really well for my mood but just couldn't sleep, I then changed to Ven because I'd taken it in the past and it really helped me to sleep.   I slept well but my mood wasn't good and my anxiety was once more through the roof, I decided to change back to Sert because I thought being mentally well was better than being sad, anxious and generally not functioning well.

I've been tapering Ven whilst starting again on 50 mg Sert and discovered that this combination has worked really well for me in terms of lifting my mood, and getting restful sleep when taking the Sert in a morning and the Ven on an evening.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has taken two different anxiety drugs and if so what were they?    I'm seeing my GP in a couple of weeks time but thinking of asking her if I can take this combo . . . I'd welcome your thoughts please.

Thanks in advance, Sue

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Susan!

i was prescribed sertraline 25mg at night and citalopram 20mg in the morning, after my crazy episode on sertraline 50mg last thursday ( you can find out about it around or i'll link you to it )

And i just started with my med 30 minutes ago and this time around im ready for it and strong !

I hope those two meds work perfect for you and make you feel at peace which is why we take them,

Ad xx

• Posted

Hi, and thank you for getting back to me . . .  I've just got back from seeing my GP and we have decided to go just with Sertraline . . . hoping everything works out for you.

• Posted

Hey I had a pretty good night sleep and all in all so good i just feel a little lightheaded and not completely me i can deal with the mild panic and anxiety attacks but im copeing with things,

I decided to only take sertraline 25mg at night, and see how things work for me,

I hope you start to feel better with only taking sertraline and wish the side effects ease off quick since they are annoying.

How are you doing so far?

• Posted

Hi there - feeling a little wired this morning to be truthful but I imagine that's the sudden increase from 50 to 100 - I did sleep well though.  I started taking a magnesium tablet before bed and it looks like it's doing the trick thank goodness.

Hope things stay settled for you today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.