Sertraline, week 10 on 50mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last week l started to have some better days and was feeling more relaxed. Today has been awful, started with upset stomach and nausea and have felt most unwell all day. l know this drug takes time to work. Anyone else have bad days around this length of time of taking sertraline?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. By week 10, all the initial side effects usually have subsided and a feeling of happiness takes over. My psychiatrist told me that if problems come later that weren't there in the beginning, the dose may be too high or it's just the wrong medication for you. It's a good sign that you were having better days and feeling more calm. Your upset stomach and nausea may not be from the medication at all. I would go by how you feel mentally. If you feel happy and calm, wait it out a bit longer. SSRIs change our appetite and cravings, so maybe you're eating differently and your body needs to adjust. I wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.