Sertraline week 6

Posted , 5 users are following.

So im just starting my 6th week today ive done 1 week at 50mg and 4 weeks on 100mg ive had a good few days lately but yesterday and today the abxoety has come back not as bad as before but its there abit tense im on the for gad my doctor wants me to up next week to 150mg

Anyone had these bad few days after having really good ones, i can still do everyday things with the anxiety as its no as bad as before but has had me feeling down as i just want to be back to myself

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello, ive been on sertraline 50mg for a couple weeks then moved up to 100mg when i felt like it wasnt helping or getting worse, i do definietly have days where my anxiety is really bad and my depression keeps me hidden in my room for days.

?- I recently started seeing a therapist and i think that works better than just the medication alone.

• Posted

I was referred but they said it wasn't too bad and won't last long so offered a self help type of thing which does help a little just the heightened anxiety and shakes I struggle with as just want to curl into a ball sometimes x

• Posted

Hi. Kayleigh

Im a bit different to you mine was dealing with side effects.

Iv been on 25mg for 7 weeks for anxiety, 

weeks 1/2/3 was horrendous with side effects week 4/5 thought I'd turned a corner.

but week 6 I felt like I was back to quare one, but these past few days iv been feeling 

ok again. Everyone is different on this medication. And some days anxiety still creeps in but those days are getting less, 

everytime you up a dose you have to give it a few weeks to settle before you up again.

Like iv been told hang on in there, things will settle down. 

Good luck and hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Thank you for replying julie its just horrible to have good days then back to feeling horrible again the heightened anxiety and shakes i hate them, glad my thoughts have faded though but just want to be back to myself hopefully when doc ups me next week it should get me fully back on track
    • Posted

Hi, just wondering how long it took to settle back down? I'm in the exact same position

• Posted

Hi Mark.

it took me 11 weeks to wake up in the morning and feel ok.

i sometimes get a bit of anxiety but the racing heart and most of the side effects have subsided which took a long time.

im still on a low dose because I don't really want to have the side effects all over again.

how many weeks are you at, and what dose? 

I actually get up in the mornings now and don't dread going to work.

which iv had many months because of health anxiety.

hope things settle down for you too,

• Posted

I'm fine now doctor put me on 40mg propranolol once a day and that's really helped me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.