Sertraline week 7 need Hope please.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been suffering with acute anxiety and depression since September. I started Sertraline 7 weeks ago. Week 1-2 on 25mg, week 3 on 37.5mg and the last 4 weeks on 50mg. Up until last Sunday I started to feel better and though thank lord some relief! Unfortunatly since the Sunday I feel like I'm back to square one. Ive had just about every side effect on the list so an heartbroken to have got this far and have the rug pulled out from under my feet. Is this just a blip, will it get better again? is it still early days for Sertraline? this is my third SsRi so desperate for it to work (citralopam caused Af and Prozac covered my body in a rash). i really need some positive support and hope from those who may have been in my posistion please x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi sally-go, you need to work out what is causing your depression if you can, then when you do think you do ask for some mental health talking therapies or a bit of cbt, if you deal with the undelying cause it will be the best things, sertraline only works temporarily like other antidepressants, sorry i am very anti depressants as they.have NEVER done anything for me! good luck though.

• Posted

Sally i want to share with you my dilemma, I'm back on Zoloft 100mg and its awful so bad at times i want to run away. I am just existing waiting for the mood to improve, it will its worked before so it will work again , acknowledge you are unwell , and remember you are not alone.

I'm not a patient person and time is a healer.

i hate everything in my life I'm off work as i cannot think clearly.

Zoloft is a good drug just got some really bad side effects.

How do you fill your day , I struggle as i just read different post on web site as i feel im going mad , I'm on week 5.

Stick with it you will see improvements be accepting of yourself.

Good luck hope this helps.

• Posted

I'm week 5 , Zoloft ,i started to feel improvement, i mean my thinking is not so slow , but with these medicines the effect can take months its a slow process watch on you tube Dr Tracey Marks a psychiatrist from USA who explains how the efficacy works.

stick with them . talk with doctor have a programme to get better, that's my advice to people who suffer with depression , hope this helps a little . I'm also suffering had a s**t Christmas

avoided people i feeling low but I'm also feeling improvements in my thinking.

good luck

• Posted

im on 150 mg of setraline really up and down with it,not sure weather to stick with them or not

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.