Sertraline (When did it start working properly?)

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve been taking sertraline for mild depression, high anxiety and intrusive thoughts.

I had 2 weeks at 25mg, just finished 5 weeks at 50mg. I was seeing progress around week 4 at 50mg, it went downhill at week 5 at 50mg. My anxiety heightened as well as intrusive thoughts. I keep reading that it might take 6 to 8 weeks at one dose to show positive impacts. Is it normal to have a blip?

I’m so in between raising the dose or hanging in for a couple more weeks to reach 8 weeks mark. I had terrible side effects with 25mg then with 50mg so I’m very nervous to increase.

Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

stick with that dose for a few more weeks, join a facebook group called zoloft (sertraline) bruno truth group. its amazing and full of ppl in our situation with advice and reassurance. ive been on there a few weeks and the people on there are so great.

i wouldnt up your dose just yet as it can take weeks to level on any dose.

• Edited

Thank you, i'll stick to the current dose for a few more week then

Ive checked the fb group as well, looks like itll be useful

• Posted

also lots of timelines on what to expect and ppl with similar side effects and help always

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.