Sertraline withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi

i have been taking 100mg sertraline for 6 years due to postnatal depression

Over the past 2 weeks i have reduced as advised by GP to 75mg daily however today whilst at work i had the most awful vertigo, nausea and sweats. ive also had no energy and painful legs over past few days. Can someone advise a better way to do this. Do i stick to the 75mg dose and ride through it (not sure i can) or should i perhaps do 100mg one day and 75mg the next day eventually getting to 75mg daily.

urgh its awful, please can someone help and advise with this

thankyou

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try go down muuuuuuch slower. I've not tried tapering as I'm only starting my journey but I've read up on it and read others stories.. My experience coming ONTO sert was awful so I started on an 8th of a pill and only increased every 4 weeks until I got to 50mg...takes ages but I've had no real side effects... If I was you id taper off over a loooong time. And I'd go down by an 8th of a pill every month... Even go down every 2nd month

• Posted

thankyou for information. How do you get an eighth? Do you just cut it or is there a liquid form to take?

xx

• Posted

I use a pill cutter. Just cut the 50mg pill into a half first (25mg), then cut that into half.. Then half again. Let me know how it goes x

• Posted

I reduced from 100mg - 75mg on 31st December. I had a horrible two weeks but I think I am over the worst of it now. I still sweat (especially at night) so I am hoping to go back down to 50mg to see if that helps. I am seeing my Dr next Thursday to go through a plan!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.