Sertraline (Zoloft)....Struggling With Side Effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

I finally bit the bullet and started taking sertraline (Zoloft) on March 26; at the suggestion of my psychiatrist, I started with a very low dose (12.5mg) and held that for two weeks; I just increased to 25mg on Friday (April 10) and am struggling with the side effects....I just feel so spacey and tired and weird (no good way to describe the exact feeling)....I also feel a bit lightheaded and am finding it difficult to focus, which makes driving longish distances almost impossible. The truly annoying thing is that I had a pretty good weekend (I even went out shopping by myself), but now I'm feeling horrible again....is this normal? Anyone else have side effects that seem to come and go (or are delayed by a day or two after starting and/or increasing)? I'm trying my best to hang in there and not abandon ship, but I'm a bit of a mess right now and need some encouragement....I really want to give this a fair shot, especially since I resisted it for so long.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

zoloft needs to build up in your body so it can take from like 3 to 4 weeks to star working good but if its not doing you any good tlk to your doctor about it so he can put you on a noher med and maybe ti would help you better but remember some anti depressants can be real addictive so make a research on them before you can start taking them because if you get on an of them and build a dependency you can develop withdrawls when yu wana get off them its gonna be hard but try to stay positive on my opinion i would get a fast acting med and not one that has to build up in you cause then your gona be taking them for a long time bt thats only my opinion if you find a med that can help you and take them as prescrbribed then if you think its good then you should go for it but remember stay positive my friend
    • Posted

Thanks, homerasaints300.....appreciate the reply. I did take lorazepam for a while two years ago, but wanted to stop becuase of the potential for addiction and withdrawal issues....I'll hang in there with the Zoloft for a bit longer and keep my fingers crossed for improvements!
  • Posted

Hi keep going with these mess you will feel better soon my mood was up and down aswell but I've been on them now just over 4 weeks and I'm stabilising more and more everyday x
    • Posted

Thanks fpr the response, Nicola....do you have any tips on how to deal with the side effects? The "fuzzy" head/inability to really focus is probably the most disturbing one for me right now...I just feel so out of it!
    • Posted

Not really just kept going I know it's hard but it does get easier Hun x
  • Posted

'M on 100mg. I feel great. Stick with it 😃
    • Posted

How long have you been on 100mg for Blackpool? Iv just increased from 50mg to 100mg on sunday and my side effects are awful sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.