Serve anxiety and paranoia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there, 

I seem to be having some paranoia and anxiety issues which is affecting my depression and need some support. Next month I will be going to Glasgow to meet a girl. I have booked my tickets and me and her are both going to stay in a hotel together. However I'm having very bad paranoia about this and very high anxiety issues. I want to be able to tell my mum but feel really scared and anxious about the outcome. I need to tell her as she reads all my bank statements. But I have no idea in how to tell her.  I have told this girl that I suffer with bad paranoia but I'm scared im going to loose her because of it. I have told her a straight up that are you definitely goingto come meet me.  I have told her I've been messed around in the past. She said no she will come and meet me. She saidshe uunderstands about my paranoia. Im just really scared that if it doesn't work out my mom will hold it against me. Saying that I've wasted my money and keep reminding me of my past relationships. I feel like this is driving me insane and I don't know what to do. Ive known this girl for a month and I feel like I am falling for her (I know it's very soon). Also it was just may last year I came out to my mum about my sexuality after keeping it hidden for some years.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chan,

Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

To be honest, if you are thinking about travelling all the way to Glasgow to see someone you have never met before And want to stay in a hotel I dont think what you feel is paranoia. It a healthy fear of the unknown.

How well do you know this girl, have you ever video called and spoke to her face to face like that?

Everyone get nervous before a date but on top of that you are going to stay in a hotel with some one you have never met before. Anyone would feel anxious about that. Maybe for a first date you should just do a day trip and get to know each other. Then if it works out arrange another date, maybe with with a stay over. You need to get to know each other before speeding ahead. That is why you are anxious.

• Posted

Hi Tony,

I'm in my early 20s. I do have paranoia. My paranoia is about why does she like me? She can do so much better than me. We've spoken alot aboutstuff that was bbugging me but in the end I realised it was justmy pparanoia. Ive asked her to Skype but she ddoesn't have. Just I have spoken to her on the phone nd seen lots of pics of her. I cant do a day trip as it takes 8hrs there and back. So 16hrs in just travelling.

• Posted

What you descibe is low self esteem and insecurity. Paranio is when you are highly suspicous of other people and their motives and the world in general.

You should work on your confidence and self worth, you are just as worthy of attention of a girl as anybody else even if that is not how you feel. Do suffer anxiety as well? It looks like you do. Have you lookewd in to treatments for it? Not necessarily drugs but I think councilling will help a lot with your problems.

• Posted

Yes I suffer with very high anxiety. Im on medicationfor it bup it needs to be raised and they're refusing. Im awaiting for psychotherapy. But will take upto 2 years in the NHS. Actually to be honest I need another psychiatric review. I keep telling my mom to go private but she refusing to send me private. I told her, that's the only option for me to get better. I suffer with psychotic depression. So atm my paranoia and anxiety is taking over my life. Sometimes I can't even leave my bedroom.... Forget going outside. But I know that my medication needs to be raised but my team won't listen. Everyone is telling them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.