Servere sudden pain in the top of my stomach

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi in July I was diagnosed with hylocabactor pylori and given a 2 week anti biotics corse. After that the bloating persisted and I was given a moths corse of lanzopresol for acid build up. After this treatment was given all was well again until out of the blue I started getting a tightness in the top of my stomach with a servers pain that traveled around to my back and the only way it would go was if I made myself sick.  As this went on I came to realise that it was when I ate certain foods such as white bread , chilli and pork but now it seems to be more frequent and not go when I am sick , can anyone help me whilst I wait for my endoscopy.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi andrew i am sorry to hear what you are going through but you are not alone... I will start by telling you to leave all pork alone and all red meat as these are very hard to digest. With stomach issues best to let them go. Try fish and poultry alone for a while and only eat them around lunch not for dinner this gives you more time for your stomach to digest them. Try probiotics daily no yougurt , a chewable  or pill and a digestive enzyme like papaya. Always drink room temperature water not cold and when you wake in the morning have a cup of chamomile tea as this calms your stomach or mint tea. These are very helpful try to stay away from acid reducing meds because they are not working for you but instead boil 6 pieces of garlic and a finger length of ginger in a pot and drink warm or cold every day for 2 weeks it do not taste bad, no sugar .If there is any ulcers in the stomach this will heal them and stop the bloating in the stomach.
  • Posted

Hi 

do reme ter not to just stop the sblets....winddown slowly and ask your gp.....we are.not experts on on tbis sitr. Could be gallbladder....but ask your medic. Good luck

• Posted

Sorry for typing errors..Hope you understood what I wrote.
  • Posted

Hi Andrew, I recommend probiotics and a very careful diet. However specific advise on probiotics may be more helpful as general ones are often not enough. Perhaps a nutritionist or medical herbalist could help though these treatments can take a while to help. There are also supplements which they can recommend to help with gut inflamation like L-glutamine. Have you actually been tested for acid if not make sure it is tested with the endoscopy. Sometimes lasoprasol is prescribed when the acid levels are not neccesarily high and then the drug can make you feel worse. It could help to eat small meals of easy to digest food and perhaps even a gluten free diet might help. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.