Set back

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello all . i havemt been on here for a little while as had a lot going on . i was starting to feel ok tho morning anxiety was nearly gone amd wasnt needing the beta blockers or valium as much !! but my nanny passed away suddenely 2 weeks ago and she was a mum to me we were really close . her funeral is thirsday and simce sunday ive been very panicky . do u think it the meds or the funeral . i was hoping i was getting stronger and better but feel terrible again amd back taking beta blockers and valium daily !!!! ive been on cit for 8 weeks now .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

So sorry, I am on Citalopram week 6, could you tell me what mg you are on please, I also take propranolol and diazapan when needed,

• Posted

So sorry, I am on Citalopram week 6, could you tell me what mg you are on please, I also take propranolol and diazapan when needed,

• Posted

• Posted

Hi Nicola

Ok, you have just had a bereavement of a very close family member. Everything you are experiencing right now is totally normal. Citalopram is not going to block your emotions completely but it is working in the background. You mustnt forget that you would have felt terrible in normal circumstances. I think that we are obviously very sensitive to our emotions. i say all this because i have recently been through a bit of a shock and it sent my anxiety through the roof again....2 Years after starting the citalopram! It took me a good 5 months to feel normal again 2 years ago and i was fine up until 2 weeks ago. i am starting to feel more normal now but still have a bit of the morning anxiety again which is slowly going. I guess its shock to the system and, for some unknown reason, we've managed to make the anxiety get silly, if you see what i mean.

I had never experienced anxiety etc before 2 years ago and it was so horrific that i honestly think it will stay with me as its one of those experiences you really dont forget! The cit will work fine, but we have to help it too. At the moment you have a lot to deal with. Try to just go with those feelings, it will get better x

• Posted

thank you for your reply . i had never experienced panic before untill 8 weeks ago wjen i was bed ridden with it but i have felt so much better amd the knock back has just really scared me coz like u said i will never forget how i felt back then, ever!!! x

• Posted

I have to totally agree with Debbie, everything she has said is so on point. We allow our anxieties to control us to the point we don't know what is normal anxiety triggers. We assume straight away the meds aren't working when actually you are trying to come to terms with a great loss and how you are feeling is completely normal. For us, it is just extremely heightened. Our brain/body is overly sensitive while in recovery.

My experience was the scariest thing and will stay with me forever too. I thought I was going crazy and believed so much that my life was over. I struggled with the guilt of not being able to look after myself and my two kids. I was so ill, so detached, so stricken with severe anxiety and panic attacks for weeks. This forum has seen me through my worst times. I'm forever grateful for it.

You will pull through. Just remind yourself that you are grieving and it's the most natural thing to do. My condolences to you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.