Setback at 2 years on citalopram

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I am just after some advice. I have been on Citalopram now for just under 2 years. It has been nothing short of amazing for me. I am taking it for anxiety and i take 10mg.

This time last year I had a setback for a few weeks and have then been great every since (apart from odd days which we all deal with in life).

last week I had a big stressful week at work ans for the past few days my anxiety has returned. I am not feeling as awful as I once did but it is still there especially in the morning and all the thoughts of "what if it is back" "what if i cant cope" are back again.

can this still happen after being so well on the meds for so long. Any advice from anyone else who has been on this medicine for a while? i am trying really hard to just carry on as normal but i just struggle to accept not feeling great.

any advice or guidance would be appreciated. i want to know that citalopram will help me again somehow as up until now it has been great.

thank you as always for any support

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

t has happened to me. Ive been on Citalopram for 17 years from 10mg to 20mg I've been taking 10mg since 2017. For the past few months I haven't been doing very well. ALot of dizziness, verge of panic attacks, neausea, very fatigued. I spoke with my Dr. She said that many of her patients need just a little more meds from time to time til they stablize again. Especially during the holidays or more stressful periods in life......sooooo today I finally decided to go up to 12.5mg I'm very sensitive to meds so I am just trying the 12.5. I know we all fear taking more meds......I don't know why I think I need to stay at 10mg lol . Yesterday I looked at all my records and I never thought I was ever on 20mgs......I wanted to look back at the years I was feeling my best and what dose I was on.......sure enough I was at 20mgs for the first 11 years ......then apparently I decided I only wanted to take 10mg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.