setraline

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have now been taking setraline for nearly 7 weeks and really cant see an improvement in myself just panic attacks have gone but still running to toilet in the morning.  can anyone please help me, are they going to work?

3 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

strt meditation it will change the way how ur brain responds to certain situations and repair ur fight or flight response

• Posted

how long does it take to  start to work properly rohith i am on 100mg from 75 mg nearly 3 weeks ago?
  • Posted

Go back and speak to your doctor if you dont feel the benefit after 7 weeks then there is a chance this is not the AD for you.

Ive been on sertratine for 3 months now and I still get side effects from them but in the whole they are helping my anxiety/depression

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

I agree as some AD suit some but don't suit others , also it is getting the right balance to suit your body , depression , etc , i guess that is why so many of others have a couple of types to take in one day - i have one type in the morning , another type to help me night time .

• Posted

Yes its a bit of a minefield when it comes to getting the right AD to suitlol
  • Posted

Hi vivienne, I've been taking Sertraline for nearly 20 years. It keeps me on an even keel.  I have had some really tragic upsetting events in my life and the dosage has been raised from 50mg to 150mg over the 20 years.  You might need to give it another month. If you feel they arn't working enough go back to your doctor and tell them.  You might need to try somthing else or you might need a slightly higher dose.  Good luck. You're not alone. There's a lot of us that can't cope in todays fast paced world. xxxx 
    • Posted

thanks for advice i have been on them 2months altogrther i started on 25mg for 2 weeks then 50mg then a 100 mg, been on 100mg 3weeks nearly 4.
    • Posted

hi loracia, i have been to dotors today and has upped my dose from 100mg to 150mg so i will start them tomorrow  and see if i feel better! i hope so. thenkyou so much for ur advice and will keep you updated on how i go.  xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.