Setraline and perimenopaus

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been on setraline for years for anxiety. My doctor increased my dosage awhile ago because of my perimenopause . and was doing fine. well me being the hyprocondriac that i am, i wrote this week, how i had this strange feeling in my throat, like a tightness, which im going to chalk up to another new perimenopause symptom. my anxiety is back a little bit especially in thr mornings. my periods are so erractic, either its a lite one or a gusher or it only lasts 2 day. if my period is on point, i will get it in s out a week or so. i guess my point is, are ladies out there on an antidepressant, which does great for u, and now going through peri, your anxiety is back because of peri. last week at this time i was fine.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pam, I've been going through peri for a few years, which led to my health anxiety. I was prescribed sertraline in Jan this year. it was definitely hard starting on this AD with all the side effects but now I'm feeling so much more like my old self. I still suffer from all the peri symptoms but im not as anxious as I was before and not dwelling on every symptom. I look on here and see other ladies going through the same symptoms just knowing I'm not alone. has helped so much. hope your feeling better soon x

• Posted

thanks for the reply. ive been on setraline for at least 10 years and its done wonders. out of the blue my anxiety started yesterday, its not as bad, but last week at this time I was fine. im due to get my period in about a week. have any ladies been on setraline while going through peri and anxiety has crept up

• Posted

i have it at home but scared to take it due to side effects. how has it worked for you ? i have a very low dose.

• Posted

it has helped me so much. yes the side effects when u first start are not fun, but once it kicks in, wow,. but now with peri and all these new symptoms, my anxiety is up, last week i was fine, dont know if its up because im due to get my period soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.