Setraline - day 13 - thoughts!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, 

I’m just wanting a bit of advice and glimmer of hope!! I’ve been on setraline 50mg for  the last 13 days with some good days but then some very bad days..The intrusive thoughts I’m having are sometimes with me all day still,  the thoughts are all awful/negative things ie death! Not like I’d do anything personally but are lingering all  the time. I have my 2 week check tomorrow with my GP but can anyone tell me how long it took for the low mood/intrusive thoughts to go or at least calm down so they want thinking about them all the time? Should i think of upping my dose or percivering on the 50mg? 

I feel so drained from everything, I’m 29 with a beautiful 20 month old daughter and a loving family and boyfriend but just want to start seeing progression...

Thank you x 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I suffer with intrusive thoughts too.  For OCD, the recommended dose is 200 mg.  I have been on this for a week and my sleep, appetite and mood have improved. The thoughts are still there (same theme as you) but I am trying to live my life alongside them.

Good luck - perhaps try CBT

• Posted

Hi Lauren,

I’m sorry you are still not feeling well. I just checked my calendar.... I started to feel improvement in my mood and thoughts at the three week point. I’m on 50 ml at the 8 week point and I’m feeling joy in my life again. It just happened one day when I woke up. I really felt great about 5 weeks in, 6 was even better and at 8 weeks my life is magic again.  

Talk to your Doc if you don’t feel improvement soon. Keep your faith that these feelings will pass and happier days are ahead of you. Sending you hugs,

-x kat

• Posted

Thanks for the reply kat. I will keep going but also see what my GP has to say tomorrow. X 
  • Posted

I felt truly rubbish for about 4 weeks on start up (50mg) with heightened anxiety etc, etc. 

It's very early days for you, so please try to persevere, and think each day when you pop the tablet out of the foil "I am a day nearer to feeling better" - that kept me going. 

Its good you have a GP review, but I think it may be too soon to up your dose; my GP told me it can take up to 12 wks before you reach max effect. 

Hoping for you, it's terribly hard I do know x 

• Posted

Thank you so much for the advice - I will keep going! X 
    • Posted

That's the spirit 👍🏼

It's really tough, I know, but you will gradually have better days, with fewer poor days 

Pop that foil on the pack, and think 'another day nearer to normality' 😊x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.