Seven days "clean" lol!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been tapering over this year (6minths or so) and managed a full week. No cravings but miss the "fun" although it's a slippery slope, so want to stay away from wine for good, but maybe enjoy a vodka tonic on special occasions as cannot drink a lot of tonic, it just won't go down. 🙂

Have hope at last 🙂

2 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

• Posted

Hi sue, that is what I would like to do also.  Although I have not stopped completely I am down to a small glass each night as my treat.  Weekends are hard though, especially with no sleep.  I think this is with me for ever and I just have to keep slogging at it.  Well done to you smile.....G.

• Posted

this sleeping business, or lack of it is horrible isn't it? You've done so well with just having a glass of wine each night. What do you do at night when you're wide awake and everyone else is asleep?

ive even moved into a different bedroom so I don't disturb oh. At least I can read, and use iPad. The number of things I order during the night is getting silly lol!

• Posted

Well done you smile.

Better willpower than me at the moment. One day at a time as they say, keep it up xxx

• Posted

But why is it sooo hard going.  Yes one day at a time and your friends on here.
  • Posted

Thanks for the supportive comments. I didn't mean to sound proud. Pride comes before a fall and I know how easy it is to start

Husband working away this week. Had lots of rows this year. Some borderline violent and awful "input" from my son. I initially drank to wipe things out of my mind but counselling has somehow helped me and now it's different. I still need to work on a lot of things. Self belief. Self worth. Etc. We all know how it goes. And wine "lifts" me up. But I don't know when to stop .......

So, yes, one day at a time ..... thank you again ??

• Posted

WELL DONE ....your son is right..keep trying and good luck. Robin
    • Posted

They might be right. But violence is not acceptable
  • Posted

Update:

Now 11 days.  Pleased smile

Skin looks better, sleeping better, more relaxed.  Long may this continue

Good luck to all, keep trying smile

• Posted

Great!!! I am now trying to only drink when I have visitors (not that often) or am out ( again, not that often) but keeping to a healthy limit and drinking water in between when I do. Will see how this goes, have to break the routine of " every weekend = alcohol regardless".

Good luck xxx

biggrin

• Posted

Know what you mean about skin - it starts glowing again.  Well done you smile

• Posted

How's things going with you?  I think you're amazing for managing to cut back to one glass per day... I can't manage it.... the bottle shouts to me from the fridge smile

• Posted

Well done sue. Glad you're noticing a difference. I wish I could say my sleep has improved. I still only manage about four hours sleep at the most each night, with or without alcohol!

• Posted

Hi sue, going ok - it used to shout but I tell it to do one coz I like my skin and rosy cheeks.  But got to say, relapsing into the weekend.  I am so desperate for sleep by then I drink Saturday/Sunday and on Monday I feel like I have had a body/head transplant.  Fit for anything coz I have slept. 

I personally would prefer to not do this, but to me it is a health crisis to never sleep any night.   So maybe this is it for me.  The way I do it is to buy a small bottle which contains two units.  I have half of it and sip really slowly.  I wake after 2 hours sleep but then smile when I think what I have not drank and just tell my organs to chill and rest.

Buy a didgy bottle, one day at a time, if you have it all, so what,  you are still way way under.  Either that, or do what a lot of others on here have done, AA or TSM.  It is never ending but at least we are trying.

Hugs...............G.

• Posted

I don't think my dr believes me when I keep complaining of insomnia. I take 10mg NITRAZAPAM and wake after 2/3 hours and half the time I'm awake from 3/4am each night. It would take at least a bottle of wine at night to sleep 6 hours.

• Posted

Hi Gwen, well yes, but once I have a glass of wine I want to continue, so its easier for me to abstain smile

Thanks

sue

• Posted

Ah well, currently enjoying one glass of wine (approx 175 ml)

Husband away until Tuesday.  Aim to never drink at home when he is around, but I never hide anything from him.

Eleven dys without wine, hoping to just have the one and leave it at that.  Wish me luck lol!

• Posted

How did you go? hubs away is hard - but that is me, bit of a wimp on my own, hey and I have a large German Shepherd for company!!!!
    • Posted

weeeelllll!

The bottle is no more sad

and its left me with no hunger for more..... so that's the silver lining lol

No laughing matter, I know, but I feel pleased that I didn't buy more today.  

Hey ho!

• Posted

Yaaay to you, I know that feeling is bliss - sad really but to us drinkers it is fab.

Well done you hun x

• Posted

Yes well done sue for not buying a bottle today. I've fallen into that trap many a time. Before you know it, you're into a two or three day binge and then feel like hell on earth.

• Posted

It really doesn't interest me. I truly hope this continues. Been leaning on this "crutch" for many years .....

• Posted

things difficult at the moment.  Beginnig to think differently about a lot of things.

OH back home, but that brought with it very anxious feelings.  Whle he's been away (6 nights in total) I felt comfortable, safe, secure.  He's so much happier for various reasons, one of which is that I am not drinking.  However, I feel more stressed when he's here, instead of how I should feel.

Asked if he fancied a beer tonight, and he agreed , yes, did I,and I said yes.. but then changed his mind, and I felt very unhappy.  I do want to block stuff out I think, but maybe not what it was prior to the counselling

He's been so nasty at times this summer and i can't forget what's been said

Read somewhere that if you want to stop a bad habit, you have to replace it with something else.....................

Am back to being worried sick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.