Seven days Codeine free

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well this is my day seven of going cold turkey and I havent had any codeine since last monday.

I wont tell you that its easy and the first 4 to 5 days are hard. I gave up smoking nearly 10 years ago so I have gone through addiction before and its very similar.

Up to now ive been aching, back (kidney) pain and headaches. Ive also just had a cold bug which im putting down to low immune system due to withdrawal as I did with smoking.

Having looked at other peoples posts and the amounts of codeine that some people have taken over such a long period of time my addiction was minimal but still its an addiction no matter what.

Im finding my mood is different as before I got very stressed and anxious and would snap so im hoping this stops.

Im also going to visit my doctor to tell them to add codeine as an allergy to my records and prevent it from being prescribed in the future.

I dont ever want to take these horrible tablets ever again and to help with that I just keep thinking that if I had any more I would be sick. The same as if I had another cigarette I would be sick so with both addictions Im treating them as the same.

For someone now who has an addiction but is really scared to stop, dont be scared. Be strong, this medication is going to kill you from the inside, so stop now and live a good life x

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well, that is exactly the kind of attitude that made you to day and beyond. Do you remember the mental preparation and psycholgical weapons you took with you into the battle, and how the mind can play tricks to diminish that resolve?

It always has to be thare, and addictions do follow a pattern, and they're all cyclic in nature meaning that those moments we describe as hell, the diminish. Easy to say, but true.

LIkewise, I want codeine and that nasty big box of 32, plus anothe 'last16' out of my facemy face, That is my resolve...where each day is viewed as a joy not 'how the hell am I going to get through this.

One day at a time, we can all do this.

Rich

x

• Posted

You give us hope Rich. I want each day to be a joy. nice to hear from you again xx Drew
    • Posted

Drew and Rich

​The withdrawal is terrible but possible. It is also worthwhile.

One day at a time is another day nearer to being codeine and dependency and side effects withdrawal free.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.