Seven weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Seven weeks in and feel like intrusive thoughts are increasing!Buzzing sensation in my back!Guess this med isn't working for me.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I am pretty sure I have already said this but just incase here it is again. You have not been on a steady dose for 7 weeks so should not expect it to be suddenly working. As my Dr said you look at nothing until you get to 20mg then you start from there your weeks. Those other weeks before hand were such nothing minor doses they were just being used to ease you into things. If I was you I would class myself as on week 3 only.. the rest is nothingness. I think you are expecting way to much in way to short of time. Do not give up just be realistic about things.
    • Posted

You also probably need to look at increasing dose. Intrusive thoughts are in your head because they usually hit around week 2 or 3 when you increase doses each time again. It is nothing major.
    • Posted

Thank you for the reassurance!Your right I need to not put to much in too fast.I will try to keep my head up!Stay positive!!I just need to hang in there!The buzzing in my back has probably added to my anxiety already.I have survived so much already from my mom Bieng killed by a drunk driver along with my Grandma when I was a young teen to losing my friends in a car accident the night I wasn't out with them,someone tried to kidnap me when I was a in third grade!None of that is affecting me know!I got through all that with no meds!All these years later I need meds now!Go figure.

• Posted

Just remember you are human. This medication reminds me of weight loss.. everyone expects instant reward.. well just like weight loss things work better when it is not being rushed or stopped because we get annoyed that it is not working quickly and give up.

• Posted

I completely agree with lookingonwards. I have been on fluoxetine since mid August. Started on only 5mg and worked up to 20mg over a 3-4 month period. This is because I was in an extremely bad and sensitive state, i had to take it very slow. I have been on 20mg for 6 weeks tomorrow and i 100% noticed that with each small increase i would feel like crap again for 4 weeks minimum. Increased intrusive thoughts, anxiety and bad depression. By week 5 on a steady dose i would start to see things levelling out.

I had my first day back at work yesterday after over 5 months off. I was in a really bad state to need that time off. I had an awful panic disorder, ocd and chronic fatigue. I never thought i would get to a place where i mentally feel well enough to be back at work, but at 6 weeks in on 20mg i am beginning to feel much stronger and I know it will only get better from here.

Literally every time you increase, think of it as starting over again because that is definitely how it's been for me and many others. Its been worth the wait ? patience is needed.

• Posted

Thanks for reply!Glad you are back at work!!!So happy for you!!I went up 5 mg a week!I am on 25 now for the last week and just today am getting more anxious!Feel restless and can't concentrate!Havent really been that bad previously on doses!Hope this passes

• Posted

How high are you planning to go? I'd recommened settling on a dose soon because you won't really be able to guage if its helping until you've been on the same dose for quite a few weeks.

• Posted

Well with me having OCDI think the therapeutic dose is around 40 to 60.My doc is keeping me at 25 for the next two weeks to let things settle.I agree it's hard to tell when I am upping my dose every seven days.Also I am really hoping this buzzing sensation in my back isn't from the meds.

• Posted

You will feel better! My Dr. put me straight on 40mgs, after being off for several years. I am 2 weeks back in, & just now starting to feel better. Hang in there.. I never was the person to join these discussions; yet here I am... Thanks Guys.. (still cant sleep though)

• Posted

Glad you are feeling better Joe!Its hard to get back in something after Bieng off for so long and doing great!Dont know how it happens but like you said here we are!!
  • Posted

hi monica i have been on fluoxetine for over 2 months and i have had enough as my body isnt improving as i was on 40mg from 20mg after 1 month.  i have gone back to paroxitine as i felt better on that, but good luck but dont suffer in silence they might not be the right ones for you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.